Currently we are looking for participants to join Mettawee-F, a transcription project that requires native speakers of Yue Chinese/ Cantonese.
The aim of this project is to accurately transcribe (i.e. type out or represent with pre-filled tags) the speech presented to you in audio files. You will also be inserting timestamps. The speakers in this project\’s audio will be from Mainland China.
While the project itself does not require specific knowledge of linguistics, successful candidates often share some or all of the following characteristics:
- native of Cantonese and living in China.
- English Language
- available 10 hours or more per week
- prior audio transcription experience
- strong attention to detail
- understanding of basic linguistic concepts
- ability to review examples and apply rules to data
If you are interested, you may directly register through this link:
I’ll be happy to answer any questions that you may have.