Specialityvalve is the best Industrial Valves Manufactures in INDIA and have been providing high-quality valves in the competitive prices in INDIA.
Industrial valves are of varied types, with each based on a different working principle and performing a different function. Right here, we\’ve discussed the 9 most common types of industrial valves.
- Butterfly valves-It\’s yet another valve that uses the rotational motion; ball and plug valves work in the same way. It only uses a thin-disk in the flow path instead of a ball-shaped unit or a cylindrical plug. They are quick to use, extremely lightweight and easily adaptable.
- Gate valves-This is the type of valve used in a tap. Opening and closing the valve involves raising and lowering metal gates respectively. A wedge is inserted into a seat. With gate valves, the passageway can either be fully closed or fully open; there is no in between. They are also called sluice valves.
- Globe valves-It is similar to a gate valve in that it uses linear motion to throttle flow. It differs in its use of a disk instead of a wedge. It can also be adjusted to lower or increase flow; the advantage of a globe valve is that it does not leak as much as other valves. They are also among the most popular type of valves used across various applications.
- Ball valves-It is a hollowed out ball-shaped disk that is fitted inside a pipe. The valve starts and stops flow by the quarter turn rotational motion of this disk. When the valve is open the hollowed end is aligned in the direction of the flow and closed it sits perpendicular to the direction of the flow.
- Plug valves-Also called cock valve, it uses a cylindrical or tapered plug with a bored passage to block, start or throttle flow. Turning the handle or wheel, arranges the hollow opening of the plug with the inlet and outlet ports opening the passage. It is blocked, when the solid part aligns itself with ports.
- Pinch valves-The construction features a pinching mechanism and a sleeve of molded rubber or synthetic material. The flow path in the open position is unobstructed. The flow is cut off by pinching the flexible membrane, by lowering a bar or gate.
- Diaphragm valves-They work similar to pinch valves; a flexible diaphragm is inserted such that it fastens itself to the seat blocking the flow. Its advantage over pinch valves is that it creates an extremely tight seal and hence is used in applications that have a high purity requirement.
- Relief and Safety valves-As fluids pass through the system, there is a possibility of an unprecedented increase in pressure, which if unchecked could prove hazardous. This applies especially if you are dealing with hazardous fluids. Relief and safety vales release pressure periodically, whenever it goes beyond the set point, to prevent damage.
- Check valves-Check valves allow for unidirectional flow of fluids; they do not allow it to flow back. The non-slam nozzle check valves check pressure surge and prevent water hammer.
To ensure the valves fitted in your piping systems give you the best service, you should buy them from a reliable industrial valve manufacturer i.e from Specialityvalve. It is the only company to get high quality industrial valves that are built to last.
Visit Us:- https://Specialityvalve.com/